Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Fast Diet: Week #1 Weigh In Time!

Well I've completed week one of The Fast Diet or the 5:2 Diet as it is sometimes called.  Time to weigh in.  This morning I weighed in at 274, down 4 pounds from the start.  I'm pretty excited although, realistically I'm sure some of this was water weight, not fat.  I think I have realistic expectations, wanting to see a weekly weight loss of around 1-2 pounds per week.  Rome wasn't built in a day and I didn't get this way overnight. 

Today is my 3rd fasting day and I do believe I have this thing under control.  I'm no longer "scared" of the fasting days.  Today has been way busier than the other two fasting days and has gone by much quicker.  I have not been drinking as much, however, which is making me feel a tad bit hungrier than usual.  I guess it's a trade-off. 

I'm still eating the Healthy Choice or Smart Ones frozen meals because I find it much easier to fit into my day.  I have been able to bake cookies and cook waffles for my kids on my fasting days, which feels like quite an accomplishment.  It's maybe not the smartest thing to do on a fast day, but my willpower is intact. 

My husband has now joined me in fasting (after he saw that I didn't croak probably LOL).  He's going to follow the Monday-Thursday program, allowing himself 600 calories on fasting days.  He, however, is much braver than me and is starting with eating at 7am and 7pm.  It is now 4:30pm.  I just spoke with him and he admitted that he is struggling a bit right now and feels a little low in energy but feels like he can make it until 7pm.  I told him to just keep reminding himself that tomorrow he can eat whatever he wants. 

I would like to hear from others what their experiences have been following the Fast Diet or the 5:2 plan.  Let me know what you're doing and how you are liking it, or not liking it.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment