Monday, August 12, 2013

This is Fasting?!? Yep!

I just had to share what I've been eating on my fasting days because I think it is just amazing.  Although I am eating no more than 600 calories on my fasting days, I have figured out a way to do so with relative ease and comfort.  The question of "what to eat" haunted me before beginning this diet.  If you're a woman, you know what I'm talking about here, especially if you cook for picky children and a husband every day.  Every day the same thing...what to eat.  It can drive you insane.  Add to that the prospect of having to cook yourself something different from what everyone else is eating and it can be downright scary.  I knew in order for this thing to be do-able, it had to fit my lifestyle...a lifestyle of pure chaos.  Hey, it is what it is, right?  The first step to the process is admitting that your life is a 3 ring circus and that programs like Weight Watchers just don't fit into my chaotic lifestyle.  If it does for you, more power to you.  Whatever works. 

So today I took a picture of what I had for lunch and then another picture of what I would be having for dinner at the risk of being "one of those people" that shares every meal with their friends on Facebook.  What did we ever do before we knew what everyone was eating all the time?  I have no idea. 

So here is a picture of what I had for lunch today.  A 230 calorie Healthy Choice meal consisting of chicken, rice and shrimp on top of 3 cups (90 calories) of steamed broccoli (an entire package of Steamfresh broccoli cuts).  Not bad, huh?  That's a massive plate of food, I know.  Now I've already planned out my 7pm dinner so as to stay in my 600 calorie limitation.  Now usually I have the "bigger" meal with all of the broccoli at the 7pm meal. I switched it around today and so far so good.  I cannot really tell all that much difference in how I feel compared to other fasting days so far.    So, for dinner I'm planning on having another Healthy Choice dinner because I am the microwave queen of the world and because they are somewhat decent tasting, easy, and quick.  Now I would imagine that in the future I might invest in a good steamer to steam my own vegetables.  I think they would taste infinitely better than what I've been eating, but for now it will do just fine. 

And here is a picture of the 280 calorie Healthy Choice meal for dinner, Chicken Marinara with Parmesan.    All these meals I have been eating have been inspired by the Top Chef show.  I'm not a fan of the show, but the meals are pretty decent.  So there you have it.  A typical fasting day for me.  Not too shabby huh?
 
Until next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment