Thursday, August 8, 2013

Week #2 Weigh In Time

I've completed 2 weeks of the fast diet and this morning it was time to weigh in.  Yesterday I was wanting a "sneak peek" at my progress so I broke my own rule of only weighing once per week...maybe a big mistake.  Yesterday morning I weighed in at 272; down 2 pounds from the previous week.  I was excited.  This morning when I got on the scale I was at 274; down 0 pounds from last week and up 2 pounds from yesterday!  What!?!?  Needless to say I am pretty disappointed right now.  How can I be up 2 pounds from yesterday morning?!?  I really do not feel like I'm eating any more than I did on a normal day before starting the diet.  Of course, I'm not counting calories or portion sizes, but I never did.  To do calorie counting and portion sizes sort of defeats the "hook" of what the diet has promised in the first place.  If I'm having to do all of that, I might as well jump back on the Weight Watchers train and fork over $40 per month.  At least then, I'd see results. 

I tell you, I just don't know what to say.  It's not like I sit around on my butt all the time either.  Yesterday I spent 3 hours outside working in the yard.  Plus I'm constantly cleaning the house, doing laundry, cooking, doing dishes, etc.  The only difference I see between yesterday and any other day is that my stress level was super high.  My 3 boys were acting up all day long, my father-in-law was undergoing an operation to treat a huge blood clot in his leg, and to top it all off, my 3 year old broke out in a mysterious case of hives last night.  My cortisol levels are probably insanely high which MIGHT account for my hanging on to weight from yesterday until today, but I'm not entirely sure that's the case.  That seems insane to me. 

So, I'm discouraged but I'm not giving up.  On the bright side I did not GAIN anything from last
week.  If that had happened I would have been totally hacked off.  So, I will try to remain positive and push on through.  I want to give this 5:2 diet a fair chance, and to do that I have to ride this thing out for a long time to come. 

I do need to share a bit of information I have discovered about the fast days.  I play a lot of mental games with myself on the fasting days.  One of my "tricks" that I have discovered is that instead of eating a 300 calorie Healthy Choice meal, I will instead choose a 240 calorie meal.  I will then throw a bag of frozen broccoli in the microwave to steam.  Once the broccoli is steamed, I  put close to 2 cups of it on a plate.  Then I pour the Health Choice meal over top of the bed of broccoli.  Voila, a HUGE plate of food!  Visually it is very appealing and looks like a lot of food (and it really is).  In addition to that, there's a lot of volume to fill my stomach.  I feel full quickly after the meal is over.  Hey, whatever it takes, right? 

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment