Monday, August 5, 2013

The Fast Diet Day #12: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

It's now day #12 of my fast diet experience.  I'm on my 4th fasting day.  It is still very early in the program but I have learned a few things to this point that I'd like to share.  As I have mentioned before, I will be blogging about my full experience on the fast diet.  That will include weight losses or gains, good things and bad.  Here's what I know so far:

The Good:
  • The hunger level on fasting days usually is NOT THAT BAD.  I expected the hunger level to be
    brutal.  It simply was not.  My stomach has not even growled until today around 2:30pm, last meal around 10:00 am....but I'll explain that further in a bit.
  • I'm losing weight.  I'm weight once per week and the first week I was down 4 pounds. 
  • I can REALLY eat what I want on a non-fasting day.  I've occasionally  had waffles, sausage, McDonald's, pizza, ice cream, and even a cupcake.  That's DEFINITELY a GOOD.
  • Fasting on Mondays & Thursdays seems to fit well into my hectic stay-at-home mom lifestyle. This diet allows for me to go out to eat on the weekends and I can make sandwiches for the kids during my fasting days to cut down tempting food smells.
  •  Eating the Healthy Choice meals or frozen meals on a fasting day is cheap and convenient.
  • My husband and I both have noticed that my ankles and calves are smaller.  I know, right?  Isn't that ridiculous.  At first I could not figure that one out.  I mean, that's not how you lose weight.  Usually you can see it first in your face and fingers, neck, etc.  My husband then told me that it was probably swelling from water weight that had disappeared.  Bingo!  I wasn't even aware that I had that kind of swelling in my ankles and calves but apparently I did.  Drinking and peeing on fasting days must have helped get rid of that swelling around my ankles.  Bonus!
  • I don't have to count calories or points on a non-fasting day.  This is WELL WORTH the 2 days of fasting. 
  • This is so easy that my husband is joining me.
  • Less time eating and worrying about what to eat has given me more time for other things.  I find that there's a lot of thinking going on in my head.  As long as those thoughts aren't centered around food, that's a good thing.  
  • 2 Fasting days per week are 2 days that I'm not going through a drive-thru.....and that HAS to be a good thing.  
  • If I can't have something today, I can sure have it tomorrow.
  • This seems like something I can do for years to come without issue.  

The Bad:
  • Today I was grouchy, hungry and low-energy.  (This has been the only day I've felt that way though)
  • I can smell food EVERYWHERE on a fasting day.  Today I went to Wal-Mart and beside the Wal-Mart is a KFC....it about killed me.  Then, I went inside and the deli was frying up some chicken....torture!
  • Others don't care that you are fasting.  My mother-in-law decided to bake snickerdoodles today.  SNICKERDOODLES.  That b***h.
  • I have to pee ALL THE TIME on a fasting day.  I have become familiar with every public restroom in my town.

The Ugly:

  • The smell of baking Snickerdoodles brings on homicidal thoughts.  But then again, we ARE talking
    about my mother-in-law.  Hard to decide whether or not the snickerdoodles were the true cause of this.
  • I yelled at a lady in WalMart because she was blocking me.  I'm not really sure if this is an "ugly" or a "good".  My "polite filter" was missing today.  Avoid Wal-Mart on a fasting day at all cost.
There you have it, my good, bad, and ugly list.  As you can see, the "goods" far outweigh the bads and the uglies.  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment