Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Note To Self: Read This When You Feel Like Giving Up

So far I'm happy as can be with this plan.  I realize, however, that this is a long journey I have just started and that I am in the "honeymoon period".  There will be days ahead where I may not feel like doing this anymore.  I am writing this as a reminder to myself of what I want and how I've felt. 

1.  You're doing this for your children and for your future grandchildren you have yet to meet. 

2.  You're doing this because you are tired of feeling tired all the time.


3.  You're doing this because no food tastes better
than the way it feels to be of a healthy weight.

4.  You're doing this because you want to be the absolute best nurse that you possibly can be.

5.  You're doing this because you are tired of never wearing shorts or a bathing suit.

6.  You're doing this because you're tired of sitting on the edge of the pool while everyone else swims.

7.  You're doing this because you're tired of dodging mirrors and cameras.

8.  You're doing this because you want to actually like to go clothes shopping.

9.  You're doing this because you are tired of sweating constantly during the summer.

10.  You're doing this because what you see in other's eyes is not nearly as harsh as how you think of yourself. 

11.  You're doing this because you've wasted enough of your life eating yourself into the grave. 

12.  You're doing this because you deserve better.

13.  You're doing this because you need to set an example for your kids.








2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this Carla. I'm about to start the 5:2 plan and will be following your blog with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that, Barbara! I wish you much luck as you join the plan! :)

      Delete